Sunday, June 1, 2014

Current Dance Obsession: Valtari

Welcome back friends!

This post doesn't require much talking from me; I'm more interested in what interpretations you all experience!

The piece, in my opinion, is simply exquisite.

The notions of initial connections (visual, physical, emotional), trust, "oneness", equality, and romance all swirl together in a visually stunning work. It is a piece that has me watching it over and over to dive deeper into the story as it pulls my soul in tighter and tighter. The superb dancing alone is reason to watch; the combination of music, cinematography, and movement make it a film to love.

Enjoy, Valtari.


 



Written & Directed by Christian Larson. Choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui. Music by Sigur Ros.

Danced by the lovely Nicola Leahey and James O'Hara.

Let's get a discussion going and leave your interpretations in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment