Sunday, November 2, 2014

Frugal-chic Tea-riffic Face Wash: An Andrew Kenshin DIY

I have a confession to make.

I'm guilty.

Of not posting in FOREVER due to wedding CRAZINESS the last month (my apologies).

But not only that, I'm also super guilty of paying WAY too much money for face wash.

I mean $35 is a bit steep for something you're literally washing down the drain (no matter how flawless and glowing the label says it's going to make your face look).

So newly married and newly frugal Andy decided to make his own!


The base of this face wash is organic green tea, chock full of healing antioxidants and anti-aging properties. And the lavender and tea tree oils fight bacteria and acne while the witch hazel and baking soda refine your skins texture. What's not to love?!


So here's what you’ll need to make some tea-riffic face wash:




  • 3/4 cup Organic Green Tea. Make sure to use distilled water and allow it to cool to room temperature.
  • 2 tablespoons of Baking Soda
  • 2 tablespoons of Witch Hazel
  • 2 tablespoons of Raw Honey. Or for a vegan version substitute with Avocado Oil.
  • 1 tablespoon of Liquid Castile Soap (I used Dr. Bronners Lavender)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil
  • 15-20 drops of Tea Tree Oil
  • 8-15 drops of Lavender Oil
  • 6-10 drops of Peppermint Oil
Mix all of your ingredients together in a blender until everything is fully combined.

My trusty magic bullet :)

 Transfer your delightfully fragrant concoction into a jar or bottle with a pump and voila! All done!
Fresh batch of Tea-riffic face wash and some leftover wedding flowers <3


I've been using this stuff for about 2 months now and I have to say it is the BEST stuff I have tried. It exfoliates very gently and just enough to not irritate my face, and it also gets my face super clean! Plus all the essential oils and witch hazel have refined and shrunk my pores. My face has never been this clear and happy since before I started getting acne! 

This recipe will last for about 2 months and it costs less than $6! Frugal AND effective!

Pair this with my Lavender and Rose Night Cream and you've got yourself a dream team! <3

Try it out and post in the comments how you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment