Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Akin Lavender & Rose Night Cream Copycat: An Andrew Kenshin DIY

ANOTHER DIY for all you wonderful readers out there! I'm on a DIY kick and I have to admit it is soooooooo very addicting. Just the fact that most things turn out the same or BETTER than their conventional counterpart is incredible and also I'm saving SO much money while controlling what I put on my body. For us Type A's, that's just blissful. ;)

I discovered Akin, a natural Australian brand, while in London and this is my absolute FAV of their products. It has kept my skin clear and glowing and moisturizes just enough without being greasy. It's my favorite part of my nighttime routine.

However, I have not been able to find this brand here back in San Diego which totes bumms me out! It is already really pricey and I just can't justify paying for shipping on top of the hefty price tag.

So, what's the next best thing? Make it myself! I took a look at the ingredient list for my beloved cream and incorporated the main ones into a cream that I must say is, dreamy.

It has a thick texture that melts into your skin and smells DIVINE. And all the ingredients are completely natural and have tons of anti-aging benefits to keep that face smooth and happy. I might even go as far as to say its...exquisite. ;)

Here's what you'll need:

1. 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel or Juice (anti-inflammatory)
2. 1 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil (reverses wrinkles and fine lines)
3. 1 teaspoon Jojoba Oil (non-greasy moisturizer)
4. 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (anti-bacterial and fab moisturizer)
5. 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil (non-greasy moisturizer)
6. 5 drops each of Lavender and Rose Otto Essential Oil (lavender combats acne and rose is just amazing)
7. Little Jar (I reused my old Akin jar)

Here's what to do:


1. Combine all your ingredients together in a small bowl and adjust your essential oils to your preference.
2. Let it settle together for at least 10 minutes.
3. Pour concoction into your jar and place in the fridge to solidify.



Done!

This night cream DOES need to be kept in the fridge if you live in a warm climate as it will melt if left at room temperature. But I find applying the cold cream at night is an invigorating experience.

This cream costs less than $10 to make! Compare that to the Akin $40 price tag!

Enjoy the soothing aroma of lavender and rose petals as you massage this wonderful cream into your face and decollete. The vitamin E is going to soften any wrinkles and fine lines as the oils and aloe vera calm and nourish your skin, repairing any damage done during the day.

Get ready to wake up to glowing and happy skin! xoxo

Note: This cream is quite rich and can be VERY oily so use just a little eraser sized knob. And I find my skin absorbs it much better if I tone my face with witch hazel before applying the cream.


2 comments:

  1. Can we order some from your kitchen? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Sabine! Maybe a belated wedding gift is on its way to you ;)

    ReplyDelete